Allied Health Job Duties
Ever Wonder, What Career Is Right For Me?
We're here to help you find out - search the job duties, schools, salaries and pros and cons of jobs.
People Often Ask, "What Do I Want To Do With My Life?"
APPLY NOW - Spots Close Fast Search For Colleges Below
When you ask most people what they want to be, you get a blank look. Many of them have not been exposed to enough information about the job duties of each career to match it with the topics they learned about as they grew up. In fact, they may not know enough about the world to make an accurate career choice.
One way to get an idea is to figure out what you enjoy doing outside of work or school. A variety of ideas will be sparked with the exploration of the what you enjoy in life. Most major career fields can be broken down into these basic topic areas. These topic areas cover the vast majority of choices that face the job seeker when it comes to answering "what do I want to do?". Everyone could use help answering that question.
That's why we've put together a list of good jobs based on what your hobbies, intrests or background show to be the best for you. Many wise men have said, "Do something you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life". Choose from the following areas:
Math | Reading | Science | Social Studies | Music & Arts | Building & Fixing Things | Helping People | Computers | Law | Managing Money | Sports | Nature
What Are The Job Duties of a Dental Assistant?
The role of a dental assistant is a diversified and flexible one. A dental assistant is employed in a dental office, either in a private clinic or public healthcare dental facility. Working under the supervision of a dentist, the job duties and responsibilities of a dental assistant will include patient care, laboratory functions and administrative duties. For the dental assistant position, the person requires a range of skills that include clinical, technological, interpersonal and clerical skills.
Although the job duties of a dental assistant vary from state to state, the most common duties and responsibilities remain the same in most areas. Listed below are some of those.
What Are The Job Duties of a Veterinary Assistant?
A veterinary assistant is an integral member of a veterinary team, who supports licensed veterinarians and veterinary technicians in providing health care to animals. The role of a veterinary assistant may differ depending on the clinic or hospital where the person is employed. For example, a veterinary assistant may be called upon to assist in the clinical area, work primarily in the front office of the clinic or perform a dual role in both areas.
The duties and responsibilities of a veterinary assistant are quite comprehensive although the person does not possess the same level of education as veterinarians or veterinary technicians.
What Are The Job Duties of a Medical Assistant?
A medical assistant works in the healthcare industry to provide clinical and administrative assistance to health practitioners in various specialized professions. The role of a medical assistant varies depending on the office type, size of practice and location of the practice. However, generic duties include clinical functions, administrative duties and clerical duties.
In a small or medium size practice, a medical assistant will wear many hats, handle various clinical and administrative duties, and report directly to a physician or office manager. In large practices, the medical assistant is generally specialized in one specific area, for example, clinical medical assistant, working under the supervision of a department administrator.
JOB DUTIES OF A VETERINARY TECH
· Animal handling and restraint during examinations and other times, administration of oral medications and assessment of changes in animal health status
· Basic grooming like nail trimming and ear cleaning
· Care of in-house patients and boarders including cage cleaning, exercising, feeding, providing clean water, keeping the animals clean and observing the patients for signs of illness
· Prepping patients for surgery and providing assistance to the veterinarian during surgery
· Preparing surgery packs and cleaning surgical instruments
· Cleaning and disinfecting holding areas, equipment and clinical areas to maintain a clean, odor-free environment
· Sanitization and preparation of surgical rooms and clean-up of laboratory areas
· Filling prescriptions that the veterinarian writes
· Providing laboratory assistance to take blood samples and X-rays, conducting simple laboratory tests, filing laboratory reports
· The veterinary assistant will require a working knowledge of office procedures like file management, scheduling of appointments and answering customer queries.
· Cashiering out-patients, managing the processes involved in boarding and hospitalization of patients from admission to discharge
· Maintaining inventory supply lists for office supplies, kennel supplies, clinic or hospital supplies and cleaning supplies. This part of the job involves placing orders for supplies, receiving supplies, inventorying receipts, unpacking, and stocking supplies.
· Making sure the waiting room has a supply of reading materials and that the reception area is stocked with literature and pet products (if applicable)
· Cleaning exam rooms after each patient leaves and ensuring that the exam rooms and treatment rooms have adequate supplies
· Assisting with patient discharges and providing patient care instructions to owners
· Assisting the veterinary technician with dental cleaning procedures
Job Responsibilities of a Vet Tech
JOB DUTIES OF A MEDICAL ASSISTANT
· Clinical medical assistant duties include patient interviews to gather medical history information, measure vital signs like blood pressure, measure vital statistics like weight and height
· Prepare patients and lead them to the examination room
· Assist the physician in the examination and treatment of patients
· Collect blood, tissue and other samples for laboratory analysis; log the specimens and prepare them for testing
· Perform routine tests and sample analyses in the laboratory
Follow the physician’s instructions for the preparation and administration of medications
· Assist the physician in handing across instruments and materials as required
· Assist in giving injections and removing sutures as required
· Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations
· Ensure all examination rooms, clinical areas, laboratory areas and reception areas are disinfected and sanitized in accordance with OSHA regulations and other standards
· Disinfect and sterilize instruments; dispose of contaminated supplies and used supplies in the appropriate manner
· Change wound dressings
· Authorize medication refills; provide pharmacies with prescription information
· Organize scheduling of tests and admissions for patients with medical departments and facilities as instructed by the physician
· Operation of medical machines like X-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG) and other equipment to conduct routine diagnostic tests
· Provide physiotherapy treatments like hydrotherapy, galvanic and diathermy
· Clerical and administrative duties: answering telephones, completing insurance forms, taking dictation, recording patients’ medical history, vital statistics, test results and generally keeping patient files up to date; bookkeeping duties; maintain financial records, handle billing and payments; dispatch monthly statements to patients
· Patient care: schedule appointments for patients, greet patients and log them in and out of the office; explain treatment procedures, provide information on diet, healthcare and other instructions given by the physician; provide instruction on medications to be taken at home
· Inventory control management – maintain inventory lists of clinical, surgical, laboratory and office supplies; order supplies, receive and store supplies
Job Responsibilities of a Medical Assistant
List of Careers and Job Duties
What are the Job Duties of a Dental Assistant
What are the Job Duties of a Dental Hygienist
What are the Job Duties of a Medical Assistant
What are the Job Duties of an Optical Technician
What are the Job Duties of a Pharmacy Technician
What are the Job Duties of a Phlebotomy Technician
What are the Job Duties of a Physician Assistant
What are the Job Duties of a Surgical Technician
What are the Job Duties of a Veterinary Assistant
What are the Job Duties of a CNA - Nursing Assistant
What are the Job Duties of a Licensed Practical Nurse
What are the Job Duties of a Patient Care Technician
What are the Job Duties of a Massage Therapist
What are the Job Duties of an Occupational Therapist
What are the Job Duties of a Physical Therapy Assistant
What are the Job Duties of a Respiratory Therapist
What are the Job Duties of a Speech Therapist
What are the Job Duties of a Cardiovascular Technologist
What are the Job Duties of a Nuclear Medicine Technician
What are the Job Duties of a Radiology Technician
What are the Job Duties of an Ultrasound Technician
What are the Job Duties of a Nutritionist or Dietitian
What are the Job Duties of a Medical Billing Specialist
What are the Job Duties of a Medical Coding Specialist
What are the Job Duties of a Medical Transcriptionist